Become a Volunteer
NAMI Brazos Valley appreciates the hard work and commitment from everybody who donates their time to help us continue our effort in helping everybody affected by mental illnesses.
All volunteers are required to attend a Volunteer Orientation (exceptions made for Special Events Volunteers).
Our next Volunteer Orientation Training will be held
Location: NAMI-BV Office
NAMI-Brazos Valley Volunteer Opportunities (Effective August 2019):
- Speakers Bureau: Train-the-Trainer for various presentations such as Mental Health 101, NAMI Programs and Services, Basic Overviews of Intersectional Mental Health Topics (ie. substance use, trafficking, family violence, education/school, childhood abuse/neglect, trauma, etc) – Average length of presentation for a volunteer is 30-60 minutes
- Outreach: Tabling Events to reach community members – Health Fairs, Fairs/Festivals, Organization Fairs, Outreach Tours
- Direct Client Services: Hotline, NAMI-BV Curriculum-Based Groups, Support Group Facilitators (*Please note – additional training is required for this position, including NAMI Connections Training)
- Administration: Filing, Office Organization, Packet Building, Research Assistance, Data Entry
- Special Events: NAMIWalks, Mental Health Awareness Month, Suicide Prevention Awareness
- Internship/Practicum Opportunities (*Please note – additional training is required for this position, including NAMI Connections Training)
To contact us about your interest in volunteering, or to find out more about our next scheduled orientation please e-mail us at email@example.com.